- Preheat oven to 400°F .
- Rinse and pat fish dry, and place in a rectangular baking dish.
- Sprinkle generously with sea salt.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onion, carrot, parsnip, and fennel until soft, for 8–10 minutes until softened.
- Add stock and lemon juice; simmer for a 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped greens; simmer 3 more minutes.
- Pour vegetable and stock mixture over fish.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes until cooked through and fish flakes apart.
- Add salt, pepper, and more lemon juice to taste.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 3 servings
Prep Notes: This recipe can be made with any wild-caught white fish.
- 1 ib. wild-caught white fish
- 1 lb. white fish of choice
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. coconut or olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into strips or rounds
- 1 parship, sliced into strips or rounds
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced thin
- 1 c. organic chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ bunch greens, roughly chopped (kale, chard, spinach)Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
Credit:adapted from Andrea Nakayama, ReplenishPDX